Department of Biomechanics, Movement Science and Sports Informatics at the Institute of Sports Science at the University of Vienna
The focus at the Institute of Sport Science at the University of Vienna is on the analysis of all sporting movements and the interaction between sports equipment and athletes, also involving young researchers in the context of bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral theses.
The Vicon system is used for a wide range of issues:
- Kinematic analysis of the relative movement between Subject and Isokinet dynamometer in the context of muscle mechanics studies
- Movement and stress analysis in obese children
- Kinematic comparison of the foot, knee and hip joint angle during running on the track and on the treadmill
- Effects of subject positioning in an isokinetic dynamometer on different kinematic and kinetic parameters during plantar flexion
- Effects of backward walking on different kinematic and kinetic parameters of the lower extremities
They work on complex issues by combining movement analysis with additional measurement systems, such as force sensors, accelerometers or EMG. They are involved in a wide range of projects. For example, the novel sports shoe development up to sports bra tests or movement analysis in archery.